Date and Location: Planned to be on November 2022 in Hanoi, Vietnam:
“Warm greetings from the Vietnamese Center of ITI and the Vietnam Stage Artists Association (VSAA) to international friends and colleagues! Pursuant to the Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism’s decision dated 27th October 2021 approving the project “International Experimental Theatre Festivals” for the period of 2021 – 2030, the Vietnam Stage Artists Association shall hold the “the Fifth International Experimental Theatre Festival 2022, in Hanoi, Vietnam”. Artistic groups and individuals are kindly invited to apply for this Festival in Hanoi.”
Purposes and Goals
The International Experimental Theatre Festival provides opportunities for expertise learning, exchanges and interacting between local and international artists. It is also a chance for Vietnamese artists to promote their traditional performing arts with their distinguished artistic values to international colleagues.
Candidates and Terms of Participation
- Theatre companies, artists from any country, who meet the Festival’s requirements may apply. A link to the video clip of the play, complete information of the creative team and the dialogue transcription in English must be provided to the Organizing Committee.
- Participating theatre companies and artists shall adhere to Vietnamese given theatre facilities and technical conditions and must bring their own props.
Criteria for Participating Plays
- Length of the performance: Must be between 60 – 120 minutes.
- Participating plays must bear in the new artistic explorations, experimental materials with respect to the script, artistic direction, stage design, acting, sound, lighting, music, physical movements and other artistic aspects.
- The experimental materials created by the playwright, director, set designer, composer, actors/actresses etc, must efficiently serve the content and the artistic aspect of the play, be in harmony with the public tastes and decency and reflect the True, the Good and the Beauty which is the mission of the art. Besides, the plays should be rich and diverse in styles with exotic explorations and accessible to a universal audience.
Application Deadline: 30 May 2022.
Official invitations to be sent to groups selected by the Festival’s Artistic Committee: 7 July 2022.
Contact person: Mrs Ha Tu Anh (Deputy Manager of Foreign Affairs and Information Department of VSAA and Vietnam Centre ofITI).
>>Click here to download the Application Form and