The International Theatre Institute ITI is pleased to announce that the 36th ITI World Congress will happen on-site from 20-25 February 2023 in Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates. The event will be hosted and co-organized by the Fujairah Government, with the support from H.H. Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, Ruler of Fujairah and the Supreme Council Member of UAE, and H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad Al Sharqi, Crown Prince of Fujairah. The 36th ITI World Congress will be under the patronage of UNESCO.
While the Congress follows the goals and strategic scope of the Congress remain the same as they have since ITI’s inception, and the new prolonged timeframe represents an opportunity to deepen and expand the joint efforts of constructive dialogue, exchange, and networking.
The 36th ITI World Congress theme is “Reunite, for the Performing Arts and Humanism”, offering members the first opportunity in years to come together and remember the importance of culture, education, and the fundamental tenets of humanism as upheld by UNESCO and promulgated by the ITI Charter and its activities.
While the 36th ITI World Congress follows many of the traditions of previous Congresses, the Fujairah Congress includes new elements, that make the flagship event of ITI unique and intense:
1) The one-day Summit: with keynote speeches in the morning and round tables on essential themes in the afternoon.
2)Four new Platforms for giving space for presentations for ITI Centres, ITI Committees or individual ITI Members
- The Centre(s) of the World: Centres & Committees Presentations. For the first time Centres can present themselves.
- Best Practice Exhibition: Centres and members are encouraged to use this platform to showcase their performing arts expertise and inspire guests, either through a simple showcase exhibition performance, a workshop, or a lecture.
- Speaker´s Corner: A space where delegates or individuals can inform the public about ongoing projects and propose new initiatives:
- Choral Time: Individual Congress participants will have the possibility to express themselves ask questions, offer solutions.
3) Young local artists living in Fujairah or the UAE are included. They are able to participate in Workshops with especially selected topics to cover their interest and needs.
For more information, please visit: www.iti-congress.org